Tuesday 26 January 2010

Crunches, Squats and the rest.......

7.30pm last night and I was transported back to that feeling of utter dread that would assail one before a school PE session. Never one for en masse exercise I did not settle easily into school games sessions especially hockey on a winter afternoon when each thwack on the hand/shin/foot delivered by the faster, keener (teachers favourites) players would go purple with bruising and cold. However this was not hockey but "boot camp" at the joint campus at the high School.It was not so much chosen for the friendliness of the name but the fact that it slots in nicely with the children's athletics club. It was a last minute decision to register after an impromptu weigh-in plus the thought that some cross training might be a good plan. The session was fast and furious and despite the fact that I am totally unable to do squats properly (this was pointed out to me by a faster, keener girl at the end...)I managed okay. No big girls being mean to me anyway......So no running yesterday as I did not want to peak before the class and none today as I have inveraray jogscotland tonight.If only I could get off this computer I shall have a wee stationary cycle...maybe...

No comments: