Sunday 6 January 2008

Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.


The above seems apt at the moment; as I have just been told by youngest offspring that I am not really old, just middle old. Happy New Year to everyone whereever ye be.
I was going to post a photo of my “post Christmas blow out pre post new year Exercise regime” self but decided to spare you so instead you have the delight of seeing the encumbrances with snowman friend “Stony” plus Ginny and Lucy. The snow gave us a memorable trip back from the sales in Glasgow over the Rest and Be Thankful Pass on Thursday, and provided Garret with yet another story featuring Garret the Hero. These follow a regular and recognisable theme with great skill or courage on his behalf for example the triumph of man and horse at 2006 gymkhana jump off when he and Barra jumped, ummmm, lets see, at least a metre and a half, won the competition outright. I on the other hand was the only adult this year in the novice category and managed to rise above my humiliation (I am very crap at jumping, and the horse does not like it much either) to revel in the third place, the really important thing here is that I beat my children hollow!!! Anyway, back to the weather that we British love so much, Stony is now a distant memory aka “The Snowman” and Toby and I have just been for a run in the hail. So, off for a bath now to try to restore a level of circulation consistent to maintaining life to my lower limbs and bottom….mind you, wouldn’t mind if a bit of the latter fell off! With that attractive thought in mind I am off.

No comments: