Saturday 19 May 2007

A Dr Seuss Moment.

“The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day”…..Actually no, we didn’t, we said “This is Argyll, get your waterproofs and off you go to Pony Club” and so it has stayed a very showery day with very (very) brief glimpses of brilliance. We marched off through the sudden bursts of spattering rain (you know, the kind that leaves you utterly soaked) accompanied by a guest who, despite arriving late last night seemed to become immersed in family life and wanted to revisit her childhood where she also went to a pony club in Bavaria. So, she came with us for a nosey whilst her partner had a quick catnap to get rid of some jet lag. A very nice lady. Now we have four bikers from Germany (it is a very German time of year), I thought that my luck was in when I heard the bikes roaring up…Garret is away in Edinburgh doing yet another Sprint Triathlon. I have morphed from Rugby Widow to Triathlon Widow in one easy but pricey move, I am slowly winding up the kilometres: - I even did a couple of 5ks last week but I feel thoroughly left behind by all around me, they seem to be leaping ahead whilst I limp behind. Misery…Misery….Moan…Moan…. Toby is sleeping over at friends’ tonight so it is just us girls home alone (and the bikers, and the nice couple in the double room) and any plans that Rosie and I were hatching for going clubbing (her idea not mine) were scotched by Freya who says she “ doesn’t like the noise” Mind you, I will be struggling to stay awake long enough to walk the dogs and put the birds to bed so maybe dancing the night away is not an option.

Good Luck Garret, and May The Force Be With You- You might need it if this weather keeps up!

No comments: