Wednesday 11 March 2009

Rainy day in Argyll

Rainy, rainy today and mild unlike the below date. So, an at home day doing Mummy things and catching up on a pile of ironing that appears to be making a bid for permanent quarters in the kitchen. I have avoided entering any bedrooms other than my own on the grounds that if I actually see how disgusting they are (this is just referring to the offspring's rooms not the guest ones....) I shall have to take action. Ostrich, head and sand situation. My life in a nutshell.

The “Then” blog. For details see entry for March 7th 2009. In brief the restoration of Claonairigh House.
Wednesday March 11th 1992
Very cold. Heavy snow on the hills. Light fall at the house.

Met Mrs Martin. Historic sites planning officer. Gave some useful advice re planning permission grants etc. Looks doubtful for bungalow. However sees no problem with house and Mill conversion.
Pm. Dow to Dunoon to see Mr Digby Guy (Bidwells) grated unlimited servitudal right of way through access road. Other areas to be taken up with the solicitor i.e stolen tiles. Back to Stonefleet
(Stonefleet was my family home, in Tockwith, North Yorkshire, England)

No comments: