Monday 22 January 2007

Of bleach, books and blue skies

A gorgeous day here in Mid Argyll with brilliant blue skies and more than a hint of frost. Unfortunately, despite the pull of the outdoors I have spent the morning trying to re paint the B&B signs that I cleaned yesterday. Memo to self: - do not clean plastic sheeting with bleach if you then wish to apply black gloss paint to the surface…it does something to the polymers so the paint does not stick. Actually I made that up about polymers, it just sounded good. All I know is that it is back to the drawing (or painting) board for me. The children spent yesterday attempting to sledge up and down the lawn at the front of the house on anything they could find ranging from plastic bags and old water skies to an actual sledge. All this on about ½ cm of crispy snow, such dedication. I managed to finish my new Myron Bolitar (Harlan Coben) book so a good day all round.

No comments: