Wednesday 1 September 2010

Still trying to train for that tri...

The tri training programme is stepping up now with the majority of my time spent prevaricating about what to do and wondering if I feel up to it...today I decided on the 30 minutes cycle as being a soft option and so taking my life in my hands I ventured forth on the A83 towards Inveraray. It was quite pleasant, a little bit warm but I sped along for 15 minutes (well, 44 seconds more to the nearest lay-by)I even stopped the timer when halted at the traffic lights so dedicated am I. I turned...sped off homeward bound and then discovered that the reason for the speedy outward journey was the unfelt presence of a nice little head wind which made going home a little bit more of a struggle. Still, a nice ride which made me forget for approximately 36 minutes and 15 seconds exactly how I feel about finding Toby's newly ironed clothes on his stairs with large dirty footprints on them.....
Still got guests in, a lovely German couple who arrived off the road on our first (double room) empty night in ages seeking a room for three nights...perfect, Happy them and Happy us! They discussed opera the first morning at breakfast with the other (Edinburgh) guests and the inability of the English to embrace new languages the second. I hear the gentle clatter of school bags hitting the kitchen floor and the beginnings of the search for a nice (quote from Freya "and therefore unhealthy") post school snack. Back to motherhood and a short pithy lecture on the suitability of stairs as a resting place for clean clothes coming up.



No comments: