Thursday 17 September 2009

BOTHER, Bother , bother..........

Very grumpy today as I have a sore right knee and we are ten days (and counting) to the triathlon. After past training performances I was pretty grumpy anyway so you can imagine the situation now! Not sure what is wrong apart from my magnificent professional (I was a nurse you know and so I can speak the speak and talk the talk when I need to) diagnosis of "sore, and a bit tender". It was a bit tender before jogscotland mid-argyll last night plus I also managed to fall during the session (over absolutely nothing.....cue to execute my well-practised swift roll and jump up in one seamless movement(!)but although the latter part of the group who were still round the corner did not notice I am pretty sure that the 5 or 6 running with me spotted a wee change in my pace) but am sure that the problem is longer standing than that. So, back to my friend the ice pack and a diet of brufen tablets PRN.......

The “Then” blog. For details see entry for March 7th 2009. In brief the restoration of Claonairigh House.
Wednesday September 16th 1992 (Gail)
No rain until late evening. Midges mega bad
Stag dealt with first thing. Tiles stripped from roof-took nearly all day. Sarking board very iffy. Garret could have gone through the roof at any time. Gail, peter, Russ and Garret went to camp site for showers as they looked like they worked down the pit. Linda cooked a delicious venison stir fry for tea. L and Gail were busy all day stacking slates from roof.
Thursday 17th
Showers, no bad rain.
G, P and R completely stripped the roof-found more difficulties than anticipated. Wall plates all rotted and wood wormed, had to be taken out before the real work putting new roof on could begin. First day we have had anything to eat other than something that had been swimming or running free up to a couple of days before.

No comments: