Wednesday 19 September 2007

“I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises”. Buzz Aldrin

If this is so then I have used up a good quota of mine over the last week either in that unpleasant zone of nervousness that causes the heart to pitter patter away and/or by partaking in a ridiculously large amount of exercise over the weekend in Aberfeldy at the afore mentioned Ladies only training weekend. Noses were pointing firmly in the direction of ExerciseVille the whole time, when not doing any we talked about the best way of doing it and how to eat, recover from and prepare for it. All good fun but did result in a very smelly and weary return home to the happy Family Home on Sunday. The highlight was being videoed above and below the water so that our swimming styles could be analysed later and hence any illusions that we were okayish swimmers were shattered into a million small shiny pieces! Actually, very helpful although the new style is hard on the arms so I think I shall have to avoid ironing duties for a while…I will run that by Garret sometime. Have to say I have done okay on that score recently as Linda (Garret’s mum) did a huge pile over the weekend and an even Huger (so massive it has to have a capitol H) pile on Monday night when she was baby sitting Freya. What great value for money, does not expect payment and does the ironing. So the week is progressing as weeks do and the Triathlon creeps ever nearer and the heartbeat is beginning to rise again unbidden. Garret and I sneaked off on Monday whilst T and R were at Athletics club to do a swim in our gear (actually Garret wore his drag shorts and so this is obviously why I was able to beat him). I did a mixture of old and new styles and felt okay (this is no indication of performance on the day as I can easily swallow half the pool in a panic and not breathe for the first three lengths), I did learn that the tri suit needs to be zipped right up to the neck otherwise it instantly fills with water creating my very own little drag device. Okay, enough Triathlon talk, off to get ready for lunch out in The George with my lovely pal Caroline up from Ayr for the night for a bit of horse riding therapy.


PS Re Decathlon...Did not the Plank (but did discover what it is and how to do it in an emergency.....) however did do the Corkscrew (25m, see last entry for exact and far too graphic details of this torture) for the greater good of my team. The mid Argyllers swept the board with the other girls coming first in the decathlon and Lizzie and I and our other team member Debbie coming in Silver position. Debbie was a true star at the Plank an incredible 6 minutes!!! And Liz amongst other things got up there on her toes for the single leg stand as we both knew that I would last a nanno second. Watching me balancing on one foot is like watching a weeble. They wobble and wobble and then they fall DOWN.

No comments: